Our client is seeking a Vice President of Business Development to grow their business of providing contract manufacturing solutions and product design capabilities in the med device/pharma industry. This position will report directly to the CEO.
- Create and lead a team of 2 to 4 Business Development Managers and/or Directors that identify and pursue medical device contract manufacturing & ETO sterilization opportunities with OEM organizations.
- Serve as the medical business development subject matter expert for our manufacturing services and lead strategic efforts to grow sales and profits through assessment, intelligence gathering, generating sales/leads, and following up on and closing agreements through sales and marketing efforts.
- Lead in the communication of short and long-range strategic plans that align with the overall business, sales and marketing goals of the company
- Able to define markets and current products with large revenue potential
- Actively manage, nurture and support strategic customer and potential customer relationships Assisting with the negotiation of contracts and future business opportunities.
- BS degree in business, marketing or engineering or equivalent experience and education
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Medical Device industry.
- Experience developing and closing agreements with new customers and with new technologies.
- Strong technical background as related to operations and/or engineering & the medical device contract manufacturing business model.
- A comprehensive understanding of market segment(s), market portfolio growth, and developing trends and opportunities with medical device OEMs.
- Experience with customer contract negotiation and account management.
- General Understanding of medical device plant operations and operating financials for collaboration with plant GM’s.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate leadership in directing and managing business development resources.
- Maintaining existing relationships with key executives in significant market segment companies.
- Excellent commercial and financial skills (comprehensive understandings of a business P&L and the ability to quote projects & build pricing models).
- Understands and can articulate, in detail, contract design and manufacturing strategies with the medical market segments
- Experience negotiating commercial terms and customer contracts with significant market segment opportunity.
- Knowledge of injection molding, extrusion, assembly, packaging, and sterilization processes.