Location – Salem NH, or Chattanooga, TN
The Equipment Technology Manager is responsible for managing the design, development, manufacture and sustaining engineering support for technology associated with the proprietary equipment which serves as the linchpin for the Advanced Components business.
• Develops and manages an organization which designs and develops proprietary manufacturing equipment used in the manufacture of Advanced Components for the medical device market.
• Brings best practices in the development of engineering controls, documentation and change management to the equipment design organization.
• Manages the manufacture of this proprietary equipment. Provides sustaining engineering support for the installed base of equipment across the Company ensuring overall productive targets are met.
• Responsible for managing a technology roadmap for the continued development of next generation proprietary equipment used to manufacture the tubing, cannula, and balloons products and film cast production platforms within the Advanced Components business.
• Works with the product development teams to understand and document next generation equipment needs.
• Manages and analyzes the testing and feasibility studies of mechanical products, instruments, subassemblies, processes, and packages for new and existing equipment.
• Responsible for developing AVL with preferred supply partners and works with the sourcing team to develop cost effective solutions to design and build equipment.
• Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Supports multiple business units and has direct reports located in various geographic locations.
• Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
• Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers and/or functional peer group managers, along with suppliers.
• Manages through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of activities of a department with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, and employees.
• In some instances, this manager may be responsible for a functional area and may not have subordinate supervisors.
• Other duties may be assigned as required.
• Must have experience in equipment development and engineering, research and development and project management.
• Requires a BS in Engineering, plus 5-10 years’ experience.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
• Proven ability to manage large value 3rd party equipment suppliers / integrators.
• Familiarity with regulatory environments and the impact of machine design and changes that can impact validation processes and validated states of equipment.
• Strong knowledge of motion control methods, equipment, and best practices.
• Working knowledge of a variety of control system architectures including PC-based programming, PLC and discrete control methods.
• Experience with process control systems and related sensor technology for controlling flow, pressure, temperature, and motion.
• Ability to look across multiple control platforms to understand similarities and opportunities for consolidation and harmonization.
• Strong project management skills to manage and communicate multiple projects across multiple businesses.
• Proven knowledge with OSHA regulations.
Contact: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org