An Insider’s Perspective on Due Diligence
Numerous studies indicate that a large percentage of acquisitions fail to achieve their objectives. A recent article on Investopedia cited the Top Reasons Why M&A Deals Fail. The author used the metaphor of buying a used car: “Despite all due diligence, the reality of the used car – whether it is a good buy or a lemon – will be evident only after you purchase it and ride it for some period.”
But, what if it were possible to have the frank perspective of someone who had driven that car for a long time, the mechanic who worked on the car, and insight from the folks who built it? Or, what if you could take an extended test drive with experts who know how to look for the warning signs of things that could go wrong in the future, who had the expertise to look under the hood and see things that might break down the line? Wouldn’t that change the likelihood that the purchase would be a more sound investment?
The role of our team at BCS is to provide a unique, insider perspective during the due diligence process. Here are the key things we offer to help you avoid buying a lemon:
- 70 years of combined experience and continuous engagement with industry-leading medical device companies
- Engineering expertise to deliver knowledgeable assessment of manufacturing capabilities and potential risks
- Insights into how the supply chain could be improved in the future
- Relationships with key stakeholders in leading MedTech OEM’s and Contract Manufacturers to gain insider information
- Expertise needed to provide actionable, real-time information on competitors, margin profiles, emerging trends and industry dynamics.
When considering the purchase of a used car, you wouldn’t buy the car solely based on what the salesperson or the bank who is lending you the money says. You would want to know as much as you can about the vehicle before you make that purchase. Our team at BCS is here to help companies grow strategically and guide them to avoid being stuck with a lemon.
Some of the companies we’ve performed due diligence on:
Learn more about our M&A Due Diligence services, or contact us to find out how we can help you.